Am Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016 16:20:39 UTC+2 schrieb beezerlm:

> I didn't use JTag yet. And I don't use the bloated TI tools. Instead I use
>> the lightweight pasm assembler and uio_pruss driver.
>

> What do you mean by "bloated"?  Do you think my CCSv6/Jtag approach is
> overly complicating this project?

There's 8kB of instruction ram. This is a maximum of 2048 instructions. Why
should anybody use a compiler, a linker and libraries to generate code for
that small amount instruction ram?

Check out https://github.com/beagleboard/am335x_pru_package.

> I would love to complete this project using a "baremetal" approach,  but I
> am beginning to feel like this may be a bit over my head at the moment.  I
> have learned a lot with the hands on labs, but I have further to go and I
> can't seem to find many entry level tutorials with the baremetal CCSv6
> approach. I may have to throw in the towel on the baremetal and give
> libpruio a shot.

Hold your towel, for now. libpruio with QEP features isn't published yet.
I'd have to prepare a beta version for you. (Code should be OK,
documentation isn't finished. BTW: found some issues with PWMSS-PWM on
kernel 4.x, so better use latest 3.8 kernel.)

> What is eQEP0? There're three PWMSS (subsystems), each of them have one
>> eQEP module with the same features. So there is PWMSS-0.eQEP, PWMSS-1.eQEP
>> and PWMSS-2.eQEP. All of them have the same interrupt features. And you
>> don't need them. Better poll the current state for lower latency.
>

> The TRM refers to the module registers as eQEP0, eQEP1 & eQEP2 under each
> PWM subsystem (Table 2-3 in the ARM memory map chapter)  I understand the
> difference between interrupts and polling,  but it seems like i have seen
> the PRU polling being referred to as interrupts somewhere.

OK, lets say OEP0 is a short form of PWMSS-0.eQEP.

> Here is a thread I found discussing PRU interrupts for the eQEP modules.
>  Do you know why the original poster is looking for interrupts on all 3
> equip modules?  This confused me a bit. -
> https://e2e.ti.com/support/arm/sitara_arm/f/791/t/391174

Biser is a freindly person, but he isn't very keen on hardware issues. You
can configure up to 11 interrupt sources for each QEP module (TRM chapter
15.4.3.16). But it's better to poll some registers. You'll get the
position. And you can compute the speed, in order to predict the next
position.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/427d9de0-12e4-4c73-885e-2d083308591d%40googlegroups.com.