So i asked the person selling these on ebay where he got them from.
They were in a product called KnCMiner a bitcoin mining computer
they had the connectors stripped off so they could stack them tight
it was just a cheap processor with ethernet to them.
they are available now because the company went bankrupt in may of this
year.

he has 7 of them with all the connectors on them still

i suppose if you want a cheap  BBB to mess with its cool
he has a 2 week return so no loss if they are defective.

Me i would prefer to just stick with the newer ones.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a87fc8e8-9bcd-f93d-45f8-d5f137584015%40gmail.com.