On 2016-11-03 14:38, Robert Nelson wrote:
On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
On my BeagleBoneBlack with a system installed in eMMC, I get
different device names for the MMC devices, depending on whether
or not there is a SD card installed at boot time.

With SD card installed:
  MMC/SD slot = mmcblk0
  eMMC = mmcblk1

Without SD card installed (at boot):
  MMC/SD slot = mmcblk1 if inserted after boot
  eMMC = mmcblk0

Is there some way to configure this to be consistent?  i.e.
  MMC/SD slot = mmcblk0 (regardless of the presence of an SD card)
  eMMC = mmcblk1
which matches the device enumeration in U-Boot?

If not, what's the rationale behind the madness?

First valid device probed is mmc0...

This changed in v4.5.x/v4.6.x timeframe and we backported it to v4.4.x.

Do you recall the changeset, in case I'd like to undo it?  I'm trying
to make the BBB behave like all the other platforms I support.

Thanks for any pointers