So . . .

# Ethernet/RNDIS gadget (g_ether)
# ... or on host side, usbnet and random hwaddr
iface usb0 inet static
        address 192.168.7.2
        netmask 255.255.255.252
        network 192.168.7.0
        gateway 192.168.7.1

This is what a stock system should be setup as for USB ethernet. So, on the
Windows host under "Network Connections" for the RDNIS gadget driver should
set the IP address as 192.168.7.1. Then the same netmask as above. Which
Windows calls "Subnet mask".

Additionally, I've experienced problems in the past with variosu version of
Windows where you'll need to do a manual Windows update to pull in a driver
for the RNDIS software device. Don't ask me why, because I do not know why.
But I would not worry about this unless it still does not work as I
described above.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORoPjs5us_YfVJrh%3DsJvusJ_1mra_Nmn6Z943T%3DScXxMSg%40mail.gmail.com.