3) playing with stepper motors - Python

My next try was to use python as there are many included examples with the
Cloud9 IDE.

ISSUE FOUND:
Importing the BBIO library causes the python program to crash. Apparently,
BBIO is not yet compatible with the linux kernel (4.x) the BBG ships with.
Almost all the python tutorials rely on BBIO and there most are broken.

SOLUTION:
I did not try using an older beaglebone image as I was worried it would
loose the WIFI functionality of the BBG. instead I tried using the MRAA
library in python

import mraa #Python script

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/855a6521-f807-4714-bfd6-0e343eb15e42%40googlegroups.com.