On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Zach B <zbron...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the information Greg.
>
> Robert & everyone,
> I was digging into that link you sent about which universal overlay gets
> loaded at boot. I have tried modifying my uEnv.txt file to enable different
> overlays but i cant' seem to get config-pin to work for P9_31 and P9_29. It
> responds that config-pin isn't set up for those pins but when I run
> config-pin overlay cape-univversala
>
> it seems to load just fine but when I call either:
> config-pin-q P9_31
> config-pin P9_31 pruout
>
> it says that it is unable to access the "state" of that pin or set the
> "pinmux". What's the right way to enable config-pin on all of the pins so
> that I can set the PRU pins I need to "pruout"?
>
> Zach

Most likely this is because the universal IO overlay you're loading does
not have those pins muxed. I have run into this myself when working with a
custom cape( physical hardware ). So, I have to create a custom overlay
based on more than one universal IO overlay. Then once I gleaned how the
structure for each pin had to be in the overlay, I modified the overlay
further to only define the exact mux for each pin. That is, removing all
the extra mux modes I did not need.

So, in short, you're going to have to create your own overlay file based on
multiple universal IO overlays, if you want to use config-pin to mux the
pins. If you just want to use config-pin to load an overlay, then your
overlay does not *have* to be based on a universal IO overlay.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpCt4pFhX0UGuEiGvz%2BtZcrLPH3azW2GFTxjfVU16-9eA%40mail.gmail.com.