The ADC can be set up to run audio format TDM. You have two MCASP, which
are high speed multi-channel TDM engines to play with.

(Although I think they only did a real good job of pinning out MCASP0, need
to investigate, but one might be enough.)

Each are relatively independent bi-directional.

Curious as to why you need outbound TDM,  If for configuring the part, use
a SPI peripheral for that.

One question is if you can find a Linux driver that can be configured the
way you need it.

Without an on-board DSP, beware of the amount of number crunching you can
do, at the same time you are moving around that much data.

A DaVinci processor, which is basically a Sitara plus a C67 DSP would have
a lot more DSP capability, or the newer Keystone series processors.

The Beagleboard X-15 is probably more like what you will need, if you are
going to do a lot of signal processing.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CANN_KV6odXnBuPmDBkxEHENpi%3DZPhdRXnA6gfC09-hyii6zrkg%40mail.gmail.com.