Thanks Robert. That command is not working. This is what I get when I run
that command (my wireless interface is wlan1)

*root@beaglebone:~# iwconfig wlan1 power off*
*Error for wireless request "Set Power Management" (8B2C) :*
*    SET failed on device wlan1 ; Operation not permitted.*

I tried this with two USB wifi adapters popular with BBB (this
<https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-150Mbps-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY%3Fpsc%3D1%26SubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB003MTTJOY>
and this <https://www.adafruit.com/products/814>). Does not work on both.
I'm currently running *3.8.13-bone79 *kernel.

Also tried adding this to my* /etc/network/interfaces* file. Still no luck.

*allow-hotplug wlan1*
*iface wlan1 inet dhcp*
*    wireless-power of*f

Any suggestions? Thank you.