I used this guide to make the sd card:
https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black

When I try to 'apt-get install mysql-server' two errors come up.

1.
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (No usable dialog-like program is installed, so the dialog based
frontend cannot be used. at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/Dialog.pm
line 76.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline

This one seems ok as it simply doesn't show the nice setup GUI.

2.
df: unrecognized option '--portability'
BusyBox v1.22.1 (Debian 1:1.22.0-9+deb8u1) multi-call binary.

Usage: df [-Pkmhai] [-B SIZE] [FILESYSTEM]...

Print filesystem usage statistics

        -P      POSIX output format
        -k      1024-byte blocks (default)
        -m      1M-byte blocks
        -h      Human readable (e.g. 1K 243M 2G)
        -a      Show all filesystems
        -i      Inodes
        -B SIZE Blocksize

ERROR: There's not enough space in /var/lib/mysql/
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/mysql-server-5.5_5.5.53-0+deb8u1_armhf.deb
(--unpack):
 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1

This one causes the whole install to fail because it can't check the amount
of free space. I think I need to update df from coreutils, which I tried,
but it still didn't support the --portability flag. I most likely did not
update df correctly.

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/120aa96e-9f10-4444-b03c-520e2cea37f1%40googlegroups.com.