On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:54:12 PM UTC-4, RobertCNelson wrote:

> We look at the eeprom:
>

> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=include/configs/am335x_evm.h;h=150c5235d230f597641bd8a8fbd8e4afa0fd16cd;hb=HEAD#l164

> Robert Nelson
> https://rcn-ee.com/

OK, so let's say I have a version 4.4.30-ti-r64 kernel, and I get this
after boot:

 debian@BBG2:/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr$ cat slots
 0: PF----  -1
 1: PF----  -1
 2: PF----  -1
 3: PF----  -1
 4: P-O-L-   0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,cape-universal

According to this (I think),
https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays

 I should be able to remove slot 4 by:
sudo sh -c "echo '-4' > /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots"

But that doesn't work, and there is all sorts of mayhem, including this
from dmesg:

[ 251.257614] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual
address 0000000d

So, the question is, what is the proper procedure for removing a universal
overlay, and then putting in a different one?
The config-pin utility is capable of adding an overlay, but can it remove
one???

Regards,
Greg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/f1737ad3-ba39-43ff-9e82-4a09d4a58dbd%40googlegroups.com.