On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 11:20:13 AM UTC-6, Phil wrote:

> I am having almost the identical issue with SPI as pbft, except that I am
> running BBB's with *4.4.19-bone-rt-r13* and *4.4.38-bone-rt-r14*. I
> assume these can be fixed as per your suggestion, but it appears that the
> dtb-rebuilder is for the TI kernels only. Is this the case? If so, how
> should I proceed? Or is there some other problem entirely? Any guidance
> would be appreciated.

Ok, I found
https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-beaglebone-io-python/issues/94 and
followed the instructions there. It works! Which leads me to my next
comments/questions:

I have written a device tree overlay that incorporates SPI0, SPI1 and the
PRUSS, and where SPI1 uses a GPIO for a 2nd chip select. Can I load this in
the same manner via the kernel parameter in /boot/uEnv.txt? If this isn't
the right way, then what is?

Phil

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/933b1f86-4917-4d04-ab01-d6ca4d75ef6e%40googlegroups.com.