On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Graham <gra...@flex-radio.com> wrote:

> I would recommend putting the BBB directly on the Ethernet network,
> Then connect to it via Ethernet.
>
> The USB-Bridge is useful only in certain simple connection configurations.
>
> --- Graham

Some people, specifically that are college students may not have the luxury
of using ethernet. In the case where they have a laptop, with ethernet
plugged into the schools network. Or even if they're using wifi, using an
additional cable may not be convenient, or otherwise very difficult if
they're using that ethernet adapter at home on a dedicated network.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORorY5Hjbno7nDjUWUb1tw5k8YjrQaMScJcmdmtm%2B3VFuA%40mail.gmail.com.