On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Okay, second pass more things work, more corner cases to fix...

Does this replace the current method? Yes, I'm thinking for v4.10.x+ ;)

<snip>

> What have you tested it on?  Just BB-UART2-00A0.dtbo and then i wrote
> this email up and got ready to go home...

 BB-W1-P8.26-00A0.dtbo which is an adaption of the "stock"
BB-W1-P9.12-00A0.dtbo overlay works too.

> Will this fix the issue with the painful out of box experience with
> LCD3/LCD4/LCD7? Correct, as long as they have an eeprom. ;)
>
> How do i actually test things?
>
> Easiest, /boot/uEnv.txt
>
> dtb=am335x-boneblack-overlay.dtb
>
> Regards,

Ok so let me get one thing clear here. I can remove "dtb=<whatever proper
board file> and it should load automatically via uboot's board file loader
? One caveat here, for me anyhow. I have a modified
am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb with ethernet sleep functionality
removed. So, how could I load that instead of the default for the board
eeprom ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORr_-xwQ%2BAu1dzJzQeiN2FDp4NZD92YQfoFbrYuUryTRFw%40mail.gmail.com.