Hi Greg,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Greg <soapy-sm...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I've got a Seeed Studio BBGW and I'm having trouble getting the WIFI to
> function.
> The usual searching around was unsuccessful.
>
> I'm into the board with the USB UART device, and all appears well, but the
> ifconfig command shows only usb and local loopback networks.
>
> The file /etc/network/interfaces has some commented lines which suggest
> using "connmanctl", I tried these and only got back strange errors like:
>
> debian@beaglebone:/etc/connman$ connmanctl
> connmanctl> enable wifi
> Error wifi: Method "SetProperty" with signature "sv" on interface
> "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist
>
> connmanctl>
>
> Anyway, does anyone have some tips or a tutorial on how to get the BBGW WIFI
> up and running?
> I don't want some sort of access point, just a regular ethernet LAN type
> connection.

Reflash, the factory image on the bbgw had wlan0 problems that we
didn't figure out till way later..

https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2017-01-15/iot/

Either blank's will reflash the eMMC, the bone-* will just run from the microSD.

By default it's in hostapd mode, open /etc/default/bb-wl18xx

TETHER_ENABLED=yes -> TETHER_ENABLED=no (or anything other then yes)
and you'll have full control over wlan0:

Here's all the default options:

https://github.com/rcn-ee/repos/blob/master/bb-wl18xx-firmware/suite/jessie/debian/postinst#L20

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/