I have no idea what voltage is required by the wifi module is. But if it
requires more than 3.7v, it won't get it when you're running off the
onboard PMIC battery circuit. So if you need a constant 5v uninterrupted,
you would be better off setting up your own external "UPS" type of system.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpC1ty%2BBKBNonM%2B0ipiEgVNGh9LHOnciKbEV1yyAjMQ7g%40mail.gmail.com.