If someone here is really good at PCB / electronics design, I can verbally
explain exactly what needs doing, Also, while I personally do prefer an
external style UPS( wide input voltage ). There is probably something to be
said for a cape that has an power management micro controller, plus lets
say an 18650 LiPo battery holder, etc. I really think having hte ability to
use 18650 style batteries would be an awesome feature.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqb7fn3z0nVPH2qEnVSN03TJVc5Bd6rkGRd18d2Y2jhMA%40mail.gmail.com.