The limiting factor in supporting Android on the BBB with newer kernels is
support for SGX OpenGL ES. Newer Androids rely heavily on GLES for
rendering. You can always fall back to PixelFlinger for software rendering,
but a variety of apps will not work (or will work very slowly) when you use
software rendering. For post 3.2 kernels, there are additional Android
graphics libraries that are missing that you need for accelerated GLES.
These libraries are proprietary and must be supplied by TI. Unfortunately,
they are not supported any more, as support for the Android Graphics SDK
has ended.

For non-GLES builds, I recommend that you look at
Android4Beagle: http://www.2net.co.uk/android4beagle.html

Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/417ee533-cf3d-4977-9233-28331f1514ad%40googlegroups.com.