Have a look @
"X11 Forwarding using SSH"
If you installed eclipse via apt and have X11 forwarding enabled in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config "X11Forwarding yes" the you simply have to add an
-X to your ssh-Session
On my Linux Laptop:

ssh dw@myBBB -X
apt install geany
geany &

And geany pops up on your screen;) (dont forget the ampersand,
otherwise you ssh connection is locked;) You have to install your
Program with apt because u need a minimal installation of X11 on your
BBB.

IMHO this works as well with putty on Windows;)

HTH
Dieter

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAK4vXrs_fLawErXN9KP7KpTsa5eES-XTKD%3DNYHhG8dy608m5jA%40mail.gmail.com.