Capturing thoughts:

- I'm thinking that there are conceptually two stages to this: (1)
configuration (which is loaded by the OS at start-up, which is fine I think
for most real applications) and (2) how you actually access the pins from
whatever language/environment you are using.

- Feeling pretty confident about being able to access via /dev/TTYO1-6 on
serial based communication and maybe using a C library for direct GPIO
(like digital on/off output/input) access. Wondering if SPI and I2C are
serial enough to be able to access them this way. Research will tell.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a7076297-08af-4d73-ae77-17c0f98c0bf6%40googlegroups.com.