The library does not use sysfs, but mmap. This was one of the most
important reasons why I spent time to write it.

Jacek.

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 7:56 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Jacek Radzikowski
> <jacek.radzikow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dror,
>>
>> a while ago I wrote for myself a small class library which implements
>> wrappers for gpio, spi, and i2c, and provides simple and user friendly
>> interface to the application. Take a look at it, and see if it will
>> work for you:  https://github.com/piranha32/IOoo
>

> The problem with using someones library when accessing the hardware modules
> through sysfs. Is that one doesn't learn anything in the process. So, if you
> run into a problem, you've no idea how to correct it. A good example would
> be when the beaglebone images moved from a 3.8.x kernel to 4.x kernels. For
> many people this rendered libraries broken, with no idea how to correct the
> problem. When the problem was a simple pathing issue.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqpWWmOD-4Gae%3Dv%2BqZu8KEEXtTWraaYq6%3DrkAVw9%3DThZQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAA2oDvar0ri5o2Km0L-vLxB1e2MoUFA-q4ehkrWD1gp6vGN4_g%40mail.gmail.com.