Very useful response. At the least it verifies that my conclusions are not
totally unfounded. I suppose it could be just dumb luck that it works at
all - but I also wonder if there's not something that kernel gurus know
about what the first <n> pages of memory are used for, and the author took
advantage of that. I also see that on my system, kernel code starts at
0x08000_8000. Still not a good practice though IMO.

I'm wondering if there isn't some way to use the DT to not only enable the
PRUSS, but also select a driver, and configure the driver parameters (e.g.
"extram_pool_sz") automatically. I read that the remoteproc and uio drivers
conflict, so none is loaded by default. I suppose it would require a change
to the pruss driver (whatever reads the "ti,pruss-v2" entry in the device
tree) to support this, but it would be convenient.

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/4f61a684-395d-4248-80c3-0c0dbeb6f986%40googlegroups.com.