I plugged my X15 into the 12v 2A power supply on my FRC bot, and the orange
power light lit up, but when I hold the power button the second light
lights up dim and turns off when I release the button.

The power supply for the board says 12V 5A. I can get 5 amps if I bypass
the circuitry and plug the board into the battery, but I have the danger of
the battery going anywhere from 7-13V depending on how fast I drive. Also I
have two 12v 2amp ports, if I connect both of them in parallel should it
give 12V at 4amps?

This is the power board I am
using: https://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-2857.htm

What should I do?