One thing I can think of that may need looking at, is the serial debug
output if you have a 3v3 logic to USB module or cable. There is no
guarantee this will tell you anything, but it *may* give some info. That
is, if the driver is having issues loading related to hardware problems at
boot.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORr2cR_a%2Bar%2Bo%2BXcsCEDEpq%2BGj0ok6o-H46XFgfapDn-3A%40mail.gmail.com.