Hi Rathin,

Thank you so much for your response.

Basically I am trying to enable interrupts of  UART2 on beaglebone black,
what are all the register i have to configure to work interrupts work
properly.

I am kernel newbie, I started "free-electrons device driver development"
course, as part of the course I have to enable interrupts on UART2, using
USB to serial cable connect the pins of UART2 open the piccom terminal  and
if I sent some characters on the UART2 console( picocom) interrupt should
be triggered and ISR needs to be called.

But I don't know what are the all the registered needs to be configured.

I am not using debian OS, I downloaded latest 4.9.y kernel and compiled my
self and loaded that kernel. and I am using ubuntu 14.04 rootfs.

Any help is appropriated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Madhu