Feel free to do as you wish.  The whole thing is open source.  You can
choose to compile yourself, download a .deb or .rpm, modify it or not, or
just ignore it.  :)

I was simply posting it here because I'm using it on my Beaglebones and it
helps me out with all my devices installed at various client sites, and
thought perhaps others might like it as well.

Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CA%2BHxBU%2BWnOC3nxFabGoEv9-ABrv3nHSSEpA-ZKGGrkjKnbNX%2BQ%40mail.gmail.com.