On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:28 PM,  <jam...@cladnetwork.com> wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I am working for a company in upstate NY that has incorporated the
> Beaglebone Black into a product design. I posted here about a month ago
> regarding the schematics and layout files for the Beaglebone Black (the
> thread).
>
> Can anyone here can suggest drop-in replacement components for the eMMC
> (KE4CN2H5A-A58) and the DRAM (D2516EC4BXGGB) modules? The ones listed in the
> most recent BOM for the BBB are proving to be very difficult to find, and I
> strongly suspect that at least the eMMC part number is not in production
> anymore. I checked Kingston's website, and the part numbers for their eMMC
> and DRAM lines seem to have completely changed. I would appreciate a pointer
> on alternative components if anyone here can provide advice on this.

On the BeagleBone Blue, Kingston's EMMC04G-S100-B08U eMMC was used..

Both Micron and Kingston, EOL eMMC/DRAM so fast.  For eMMC, as long as
the package is the same, it's mostly okay.  once you start getting in
e-MMC 5.0/5.1 devices, old "3.2.x and 3.8.13" (patched in later 3.8.13
kernels) break.

For memory, same package, most of the parts are just faster variants.
U-Boot does some auto-calibration routines on startup in SPL so you
can get away with a lot..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYiNUu_k3jf1eAddLxiAv%3DncSpRBeqCpppUWJYjxy5wegg%40mail.gmail.com.