Robert,
The image you provided works great. Thanks for the swift reply.

Any chance you could describe the mods you made to the base debian-lxqt
image to make the display cooperate? I'm curious as to what I was doing
incorrectly.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1dcc3188-8e68-4143-8be4-d04b2901115a%40googlegroups.com.