Hi there,

I´m using Debian Jessie 8.7 (Kernel 4.4.54) on my BBB. In the long-run I
want to connect a LCD Display via the 16Bit Interface to the BBB. So I have
to disabled the HDMI (Audio/Video) by uncommenting this in the uEnv.txt
right?

##BeagleBone Black: HDMI (Audio/Video) disabled:
dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb

I also commented this line.

#In the event of edid real failures, uncomment this next line:
#cmdline=coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 quiet cape_universal=enable
video=HDMI-A-1:1024x768@60e

But for now I try to load anything to my slotsfile, for example the PWM,
but it seems like nothing happens:

debian@beaglebone:/lib/firmware$ export
SLOTS=/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
debian@beaglebone:/lib/firmware$ sudo echo "BB-PWM1-00A0.dtbo > $SLOTS"
BB-PWM1-00A0.dtbo > /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots

When I cat the slotsfile, nothing is loaded.

debian@beaglebone:/lib/firmware$ cat $SLOTS
 0: PF----  -1
 1: PF----  -1
 2: PF----  -1
 3: PF----  -1

What am I doing wrong?

To connect a 4.3" LCD (it´s not a cape) to my BBB I have to load a LCD
overlay, for example the "BB-BONE-LCD4-01-00A1.dtbo", which my 4D Systems
LCD Cape uses, right? Can I adapt that dtbo to make it work with my
non-cape display?

Cheers,

Max

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/dbc381d2-2bb5-4b70-a810-b0e271b08e49%40googlegroups.com.