> On May 12, 2017, at 4:38 PM, M Pitman <mpitman1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've encountered a big issue trying to provide accurate timing of pulses sent
> from pru0.  I'm toggling one pin and trying to set another pin low for just a
> single low cycle of the first pin.  This worked fine in assembler language
> but in C the timing of the second pin based on the first pin being low is not
> consistent.  It gets delayed somehow and so sometimes goes low when the first
> pin is high but at other times when the first pin is low.  Is this possibly
> an overhead problem with the C compiler and thus cannot be trusted for
> accurate timing?

The way to see what is going on is to leave the assembly around.

For the TI compiler, see http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spruhv7a/spruhv7a.pdf

Look for the c_src_interlist option.

>   If so, is there a way to leave this section in assembler but still easily
> receive analog data from the Beaglebone and communicate with the ARM?

Yes, you can use either inline assembly or follow C calling conventions in your
assembly source and call the assembly function from C.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/0300CC4C-2786-4CF0-A7B3-55E325DC039B%40gmail.com.