Thanks for your feedback, very substantial stuff, I appreciate and confirms
the fact that some of this is due to lack of experience with simple linux
and device tree concepts.

As the amount of information is immense, I would like your pointer to the
most updated information on the hardware access from ie. Python as of
todays Beagleboard software.

Thanks again

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/87696bf4-7cdb-444a-a4e1-fd0b03ca192c%40googlegroups.com.