It is found in the processor datashhet. It isn't much. 6mA max and as low as
3mA.

Gerald

From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of fm.wichm...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:20 AM
To: BeagleBoard <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [beagleboard] Maximum current on pins

Hello,

how do I figure out, how much current I can source/sink from my BeagleBone
Black's pins? What I have found:
The manual of the AM335x Sitara Processor
(http://www.ti.com/product/AM3359/technicaldocuments) provides me with a table
of the pin attributes.
The following pictures show the pin configuration of my BeagleBone Black.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2D53E.6A387820][https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-br4zU6dpRn8/WSbWd2-x6-I/AAAAAAAAAB0/A66cMQyc_3EUIkvH6LtG3Y6uaw5mLUJdQCLcB/s1600/P8_Header.png]
For example: I want to know the maximum current I can source from P9_11. Then I
would look for the signal "GPIO_30".
The table tells me its provided by the processor pin named "GPCM_CSn1" which
can provide 6 mA.

Is my answer correct?

However, I can't find "SYS_5V" for example. How much current can I source from
that pin? And where do I get the information from?

I would be grateful for your help.
beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/23e9163d-032c-4e16-a5c6-b0d614daa15f%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/23e9163d-032c-4e16-a5c6-b0d614daa15f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/645e1e0406b3488ba0482a2665c1d2a6%40winhexbeus11.winus.mail.