Hello all,

I am trying to install Ubuntu desktop, I have followed the instructions
found here
<https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard-X15#BeagleBoard-X15-LinuxKernel>

to build the sd card(16gb) and am using the following:
Kernel: ti-linux-4.4.y -b tmp
File system: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
The board boots fine everything seems to work, eth, terminal shows on hdmi
etc.
When I install the ubuntu desktop with the following:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
Everything seems to install correctly, when I reboot I do not get my
desktop. The only thing that shows up on the hdmi is a black screen with a
blinking cursor. I have also tried installing xorg before installing
ubuntu-desktop and I have also tried installing xubuntu-desktop with no
luck. I have also tried putting video=HDMI-A-1:1024x768@60e in uEnv.txt and
still no luck. When using the debian image from the latest images from
beaglebone.org everything works fine including the desktop.

Am I missing something obvious?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/49f8b18c-2bf3-4141-8e5f-c59788529727%40googlegroups.com.