On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 6:50 AM,  <voidno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a fresh install of debian 7.11 kernel 3.8.13 with the intention of
> running LEDscape (https://github.com/Yona-Appletree/LEDscape) on it. All
> installed ok and passed checks but I need to disable the HDMI to use some of
> the io pins. The only thing I have changed is to uncomment
> dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb, see my uEnv.txt below. When I reboot
> i get a few LED flickers and then they all light up and stay on, and the BBB
> doesnt progress to a boot. If I then boot from the emmc and mount the sd to
> correct the uEnv.txt it boots again from sd without problems. Is there
> something else I need to do, known bug, or have done wrong?

That's dtb option is only for v4.1.x+ kernel's.. for 3.8.13 you need
to do it the old way:

##Disable HDMI/eMMC (v3.8.x)
#cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

to:

##Disable HDMI/eMMC (v3.8.x)
cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgczd26d7GPm6uLd0VUPo-Zd5TKOXojur4hgvx9JZjznQ%40mail.gmail.com.