On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:54 PM, mzimmers <mzimm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I'm open to any and all ideas. It seems so strange that I'm getting a
> seg fault in the client code, though...that does make me suspicious of the
> compiler version vs. the headers, etc.
>
> How do people go about debugging kernel code, anyway? I gather that gdb
> isn't much of an option. Do we just litter the code with printk statements
> like we did when we were freshmen in college?
>
> mz

Naw, theres a special way to compile a kernel that will allow it to be run
as though it's just another executable. This way, you can run the kernel on
top of the Linux you're already running in order to debug it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORo1-Yr1Z8QoVDJ7_zfn0q6W35QR7zy27ren9xVn%2BM8MgQ%40mail.gmail.com.