On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Tomas Medina <to...@evatech.net> wrote:
> I had trouble connecting to my Beaglebone Black Wireless, so I tried
> flashing it with the following image:
> https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb.img.xz.
> It connects fine now and I can use it again, but now it no longer has Wi-Fi
> functionality. I also had some difficulty flashing the latest images; the
> username:password was debian:temppwd and I couldn't access certain files. I
> read somewhere that the images themselves are "insecure", but I'm not sure
> what that means. How do I reset my BBBW to the way it was when I got it?

That's expected... the "2016-05-13" image was BEFORE the BBBW was released..

Just grap the latest monthy snapshot:

https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2017-07-01/lxqt-4gb/

If you still have issues with 2017.07.01 run:

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh

and report it's output.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/