How can I enable the pruss uio driver for the 4.4 TI kernels (RT to be
exact)?

It looks like the pru_rproc driver is always loaded at boot time and blocks
the uio from working correctly. I have tried to enable/disable the
cape_overlays in the uEnv.txt without success.

I'm using the IoT Stretch Snapshot image right now, as this the only one
where the PRU driver does not make problems during boot.

What I have tried so far:
* Blacklisting pru_rproc - did not work, pru_rproc still loads
* enabling/disabling the uEnv.txt settings

dmesg does not show anything suspicious. I checked for anything to show up
in /sys/class/uio and /dev/uio*

Any ideas what could be the problem?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/b1b89809-450c-4ae9-8a8c-0ce276538e54%40googlegroups.com.