Hello,

i have the Beaglebone Black. few weeks back was OK and I used to learn and
do few projects. then I updated to latest Debian image (ver 9) and latest
kernel.

However, I found out that none of my previous Python projects (via
Adafruit_BBIO) will work. All complain about the GPIO (permission mostly
even though I am running as usual as SUDO. note: they are all existing
projects and all worked fine before).

Further tests revealed that only Adafruit libraries are not working, If I
rewrite the test in bonescript, all work fine.

I went to /sys/class/GPIO, it seems all my GPIO pins are exported and
cannot be exported or unexported (write error, invalid argument). however i
can cd to any GPIO and set direction, value and the tests work.

Any idea what is going one here?

I have no other processes running and I have rebooted several times. I have
updated to latest Adafruit_BBIO but no change. Rebooted several times, no
change.

Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/7471110d-921f-41ae-a7e1-e8f1b30f4f22%40googlegroups.com.