Hello all,

I am currently trying to load a custom device tree following the format
found in Derek Molloy's book.  In the ~/.profile file I have added the
following lines:
export SLOTS=/sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
export PINS=/sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/44e10800.pinmux/pins

I am trying to set specific pins as digital IO through either multiple
DTBOs or a single DTBO.  I am able to compile the versions of the DTS files
using: dtc -O dtb -o <Filename>-00A0.dtbo -b 0 -@ <Filename>.dts.  I have
disabled the eMMC and HDMI capes and am running off of an SD card.

When using the single DTBO it will compile and load into the $SLOTS, but
the $PINS don't properly update for all pins.  When using multiple files,
the $PINS are properly updated for the first DTBO.  If a DTBO is applied,
then removed from $SLOTS and a second DTBO is applied then the new pins are
properly muxed and the old ones are left alone.  It is preferred to have
all the DTBO's loaded on boot and active while running to ensure the pins
remain muxed.

Any help is appreciated.

Robert

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/d3a8c6af-6d85-4065-bcc6-73933b829f1c%40googlegroups.com.