Hi Arend, thanks for sharing your project!

Am Samstag, 23. September 2017 10:42:45 UTC+2 schrieb Arend Lammertink:

> If it's a real interrupt, the arm gets like 128 samples (block_size) a
> time and thus gets interrupted 128 times less, assuming the IIO driver
> uses adc interrupts.
> In this case, the voltage over the capacitor is used to switch the
> charge and discharge control mosfets on/off, which I am currently
> doing with the arm . I might move that to the pru as well, which would
> improve reaction time and thus accuracy of the measurement cycle.

How can you improve reaction time, when you get then samples in blocks of
128? In worst case (when your triggering value is at the beginning of the
block) you'll add further latency.

For fast reaction time you have to evaluate the samples one-by-one, and in
this case the maximum sampling rate is in the range of 200 to 250 kS/s. DMA
transfer in blocks is useful for measuring tasks, but not for closed loop
controlls.

Regards!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/288b7ec8-dd4f-4914-a85a-033c83e77d24%40googlegroups.com.