Hi All,

I am trying to compile an overlay and use it for study purpose but I am not
able to compile an overlay. For example I took an example device tree
overlay from derek molloy blog

git clone git://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree.git

and now I have a directory with a name overlay. In that a script *build* is
there that have the compilation command for this overlay. this is the
command inside build

*#!/bin/bash

echo "Compiling the overlay from .dts to .dtbo"

dtc -O dtb -o DM-GPIO-Test-00A0.dtbo -b 0 -@ DM-GPIO-Test.dts*

*DM-GPIO-Test.dts* file is the source overlay file and
*DM-GPIO-Test-00A0.dtbo* is the output.

Now if I run this script I get this message

*./build
Compiling the overlay from .dts to .dtbo
dtc: invalid option -- '@'
Usage: dtc [options] <input file>

  -q, --quiet
    Quiet: -q suppress warnings, -qq errors, -qqq all
  -I, --in-format <arg>
    Input formats are:
        dts - device tree source text
        dtb - device tree blob
        fs  - /proc/device-tree style directory
  -o, --out <arg>
    Output file
  -O, --out-format <arg>
    Output formats are:
        dts - device tree source text
        dtb - device tree blob
        asm - assembler source
  -V, --out-version <arg>
    Blob version to produce, defaults to %d (for dtb and asm output)
  -d, --out-dependency <arg>
    Output dependency file
  -R, --reserve <arg>
    tMake space for <number> reserve map entries (for dtb and asm output)
  -S, --space <arg>
    Make the blob at least <bytes> long (extra space)
  -p, --pad <arg>
    Add padding to the blob of <bytes> long (extra space)
  -b, --boot-cpu <arg>
    Set the physical boot cpu
  -f, --force
    Try to produce output even if the input tree has errors
  -i, --include <arg>
    Add a path to search for include files
  -s, --sort
    Sort nodes and properties before outputting (useful for comparing trees)
  -H, --phandle <arg>
    Valid phandle formats are:
        legacy - "linux,phandle" properties only
        epapr  - "phandle" properties only
        both   - Both "linux,phandle" and "phandle" properties
  -W, --warning <arg>
    Enable/disable warnings (prefix with "no-")
  -E, --error <arg>
    Enable/disable errors (prefix with "no-")
  -h, --help
    Print this help and exit
  -v, --version
    Print version and exit

Error: unknown option*

I did install device-tree-compiler before issuing this command.

My system is ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit.

What is wrong here?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/fcf2a63a-b16f-4818-8c7b-166df2b1e45f%40googlegroups.com.