From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Tracy Smith
Sent: October-31-17 3:42 PM
To: BeagleBoard
Subject: [beagleboard] Re: BBB- DCAN1 problems using latest debian image

Hi John,

I'm attempting to enable CAN support for a USB/CAN from a Lawicel. We have a
custom board and need to use pin D17/D18 and E17/E18 for CAN1 and CAN2.

The pad names in u-boot/arch/arm/include/asm/arch-am33xx/mux_am33xx.h for the
BBB includes i2c0_sda (pin C17) and i2c0_scl (pin C16), but I don't see names
for i2c2_scl (pin D17) and i2c2_sda (pin D18), nor tstpt1 (pin E17) nor TP9
(pin E18),

1. Did I miss the names for these pins in u-boot?

2. If u-boot does not support these pins, should they be added to u-boot,
and/or added to the kernel to support these pins?

Should these pins be pinmuxed in both uboot and the  kernel, or only in the
kernel dts?  Checking now to see if the kernel has support for these pins.

thx, Tracy