I, too, am wondering about the best way to provide power to the board and
to a device connected to USB1 as host. Here is how I learned to hook up a
micro-b breakout to USB1 and also how I intend to provide power to the
board. The problem is that there is no measured voltage at USB1:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XyHjxbobnnY/Wg3xGzyvNcI/AAAAAAAAATo/u1ufBwtum9c4KA6T6zjnu38x4cwwQ3TNQCLcBGAs/s1600/PocketBeagle_microUSB_1.png>

I was wondering if I could just power the USB1 device from P1_24 SYS VOUT
(which does have power when board is supplied by P1_01 SYS VIN) like this:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l4RYr7WmaGU/Wg3xqYECajI/AAAAAAAAATw/ipK3CZmhG18cieC-bnMLV04PfPBl_hRRACLcBGAs/s1600/PocketBeagle_microUSB_2.png>
Would it be harmful to do it this way? Are there better ways to accomplish
this? Thanks!

-- Will Bain

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/0af0e0fc-ea86-45bc-8885-9ed6b3e789be%40googlegroups.com.