There are TCP/IP Ethernet stacks that are designed to run without on OS.
My personal experience is with the PIC32MX and PIC32MZ, using the Ethernet
stack included in their 'Harmony' software support package.

There are likely Ethernet stacks for the high end ARM processors that have
GMII interfaces, but I have not used them.

If you are going to be doing any sophisticated TCP/IP interaction, you may
want to consider keeping the OS on the Sitara, and do a hardware design
that isolates the realtime counter portion of the design from the OS timing
issues.

As TJF suggested, use one or both PRUs for the real time stuff, and keep
the OS for the things it does well.

Or use some of the counter capability in the Sitara peripherals.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/309750cc-5898-4c79-b070-a24af3c9ad16%40googlegroups.com.