You may be running into an issue with cape-universal and/or u-boot overlays.

Please paste the contents of:
/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
/boot/uEnv.txt
/etc/dogtag
/etc/debian_version

There should also be this script to print out more system version info:
/opt/scripts/tool/version.sh

(I'm typing from memory on my phone so I may have typos in the above paths)

Thanks,
Drew