I installed the latest Debian build (including Cloud9) on a BeagleBone
Blue, then I downloaded the Strawson Robotics Cape software and the rcpy
Python library. That all works fine, except for one problem: the robotics
cape software requires to be run from the *root* user, while Cloud9 is
configured to run from *debian*.

In order to run a Python script, I currently need to use a Cloud9 terminal
window and switch to root. The regular Cloud9 run facilities fail, with a
message says that root access is required.

Is there a way to either (a) set up Cloud9 run configurations to run as
root, (b) configure the Cloud9 service to run from the root account, or (c)
something else, that would allow me to run directly, using the run button?

(thanks)

-- Michael

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/7594f23d-e2a9-4ce7-84c0-c550572d84cd%40googlegroups.com.