Environment:

   - Host: MacBookPro
   - OS: macOS 10.13.2
   - board: pocketbeagle
   - boardOS: Debian 9 IoT

I am able to 'screen' into the PB (pocketbeagle). I am loosely trying to
follow this video; however, this video <https://youtu.be/Cf9hnscbSK8> is 4+
years old and not my environment. For example, Debian does not have the
'udhcpc'
command.

After a few minutes, the macOS network preferences shows a warning
regarding the IP self assignment of the PB:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YXM_AZsu9sQ/WjaS3Z6RMPI/AAAAAAAAE4w/16RnFLhhbDUwCoqqdq4YlhpGLkZZbTzXwCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-12-07%2Bat%2B15.53.05.png>

This is not consistent with the documentation. Also, the warning explicitly
says that due to this, the PB will not be able to connect to the internet.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6eBoXknoYI4/WjaTUcCXWgI/AAAAAAAAE40/4hnq5gcBDpkC0AOqdb6-pmFzSqx_1n0jACLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-12-07%2Bat%2B15.52.32.png>

Also note that I have added a default route per instructions and still not
ability to ping Google DNS.

Thoughts?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/87e7b462-7eca-461f-89f6-c3bfd04e994f%40googlegroups.com.