Have you tried to submit a patch? The project itself seems to be alive,
last change was done only one month
ago: https://sourceforge.net/p/starterwarefree/code/ci/master/tree/

And this seems to be the maintainer of the
project: https://sourceforge.net/u/openapcjim/profile/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/be5694e8-eb73-41e2-85a9-c1b7c1bf9ae2%40googlegroups.com.