It's been awhile since I have fired up my Pocket Beagle but I am looking at
using it for a project that requires ethernet.  Did we ever get to the
bottom of the MAC address getting set properly at bootup on either the ENC
or the WIZ ethernet chips?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/0568e5d0-f595-4595-9466-efa730d18879%40googlegroups.com.