> Also interface a 20x4 LCD display via the GPIO ports.

I had some fun and success in the past getting LCD screens working on my
Beaglebones.

First up were some approximately 1" square (OLED096 and OLED112) Grove
twigs that connected via I2C.

https://www.ccoderun.ca/sg++/api/classSG_1_1CommonOLED.html#details

Scroll down to see the picture in this link:

https://www.ccoderun.ca/sg++/api/classSG_1_1OLED112.html#details

This is one of the 128 x 64 pixel OLED112 running on my Beaglebone Green.

Then I also ordered some 5" and 7" touchscreen LCDs, such as these
ones:
https://www.seeedstudio.com/5-Inch-BeagleBone-Green-LCD-Cape-with-Resistive-Touch-p-2642.html

Linux recognized these on bootup, so it was relatively easy to use.  I also
got the touch screen working which was nice.  Some of the buttons on the
bottom only worked on some devices -- I don't recall the details.  I think
the buttons worked on Beaglebone Green, but not all of them worked on
Beaglebone Green Wireless.  The manufacturer was looking for a solution,
and shortly afterwards the project I was working on didn't get funded so I
never followed up to see if it was solved.

Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/91bc126f-e187-41ed-a774-34b7a6fe5e9a%40googlegroups.com.