I have the wifi working on mine using the 4.14.55-bone16 kernel and the
kernel drivers/firmware.   That said, I think there is an antenna issue or
something.   I snagged an antenna off my BBGW and plugged into the little
port and its still very picky about location.   Depending on where I move
it around, it won't pick up the access point.

Dan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8f9622d5-791f-4ae9-9a6f-3a261b601e7b%40googlegroups.com.